What does this Privacy Notice cover?
This Privacy Notice provides information regarding the personal data processed by Greenlots in relation to customers, suppliers, business partner stakeholders and/or investors, including visitors to certain Greenlots websites and portals.
As well as this Privacy Notice, local privacy notices vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements and is at all times subject to applicable local laws and subject to change. Please see the Jurisdiction-specific Notices section below for more information.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data is processed, for which purposes, how long we hold the personal data for, how to access and update your personal data and where to go for further information or to lodge a complaint.
Special Notice – Processing minors’ personal data
If you are a minor please do not send us your personal data (for example, your name, address and email address). If you wish to contact Greenlots in a way which requires you to submit your personal data (such as for education or innovation events) please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
What personal data do we process?
We process personal data from and in relation to individuals who our business customers, suppliers, business partners stakeholders and/or investors in the following categories:
- Private contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number) and payment information (if you are paying for use of charging facilities)
- Business contact and other information (such as job title, department, name of organization and your dealings with Greenlots on behalf of yourself or the relevant business customer, supplier, business partner and/or investor)
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
We process personal data covered by this Privacy Notice for the following purposes:
- Business execution including researching, developing and improving products or services; concluding and executing agreements with customers, suppliers and business partners; recording and settling services, products and materials to and from Greenlots, managing relationships and marketing such as maintaining and promoting contact with existing and prospective customers, account management, customer service, and development, execution and analysis of market surveys and marketing strategies.
- Organisation and management of the business including financial management, asset management, mergers, de mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, implementation of controls, management reporting, analysis, internal audits and investigations.
- Health, safety and security including protection of an individual’s life or health, occupational health and safety, protection of Greenlots and staff, authentication of individual status and access rights; or
- Legal and/or regulatory compliance including compliance with legal or regulatory requirements including litigation and defence of claims.
- To facilitate compliance with legal and regulatory obligations, such as trade control, anti-money laundering and/or bribery and corruption laws and other regulatory requirements, we carry out screening on our customers and on individuals associated with our existing and potential business counter-parties. This screening is performed pre-contract and on a period basis post–contract and takes place against publicly available or government issued sanctions lists and media sources. The screening does not result in any automated decision making.
What are is legal basis for processing personal data?
The personal data covered by this Privacy Notice is only processed:
- in order to take steps at the request of an individual prior to entering into a contract;
- where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which the we are subject to;
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Greenlots, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the individual/s; or
- (only if legally required) with the explicit consent of the individual.
In those cases where processing is based on consent, and subject to applicable local law which provides otherwise, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the validity of the processing prior to the withdrawal of consent.
Who will we share the personal data with?
Your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes referred to above (or for a secondary purpose where it is closely related, for example such as storing it) and will only be shared on a strict need to know basis with:
- As a matter of policy, your personal information will not be shared or disclosed to third parties (whether for their marketing purposes or otherwise) without your consent. However, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our services, and where required by applicable law, statute, stock exchange regulation or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order.
- Your personal data may also be shared with any company that is a member of our group of companies, which includes our ultimate parent company Royal Dutch Shell Plc, where necessary for internal administrative purposes, corporate strategy, auditing and monitoring, sanctions screening and research and development.
- We may also share your personal data with our group companies where they provide products and services to us that help us to provide products and services to you as our customer.
Security on transfer of personal data?
Where the personal data is transferred to companies within our parent company name (the Shell group) and/or to authorized third party agents service providers and/or subcontractors who may be located in or outside of your location (including outside of the European Economic Area) we take organizational, contractual and legal measures to ensure that the personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and that adequate levels of protection have been implemented in order to safeguard the personal data.
What are the consequences of not providing personal data?
Personal data gathered by Greenlots for these processes either directly or indirectly is required in order to:
- Fulfill legal requirements and/or which is required for entering into a contract with a counter-party and continuing to contract with that counter-party.
- Maintain contact with business customers, suppliers and business partners, visitors to the website and investors.
Failure to provide us with the information required will negatively affect our ability to communicate with you, or our ability to enter into a contract with a counter-party or continuing to contract with a counter-party.
How can I access my personal data?
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. You can access your personal data, request correction or deletion of the personal data (but only where it is no longer required for a legitimate business purpose) and request that the processing of your data is restricted. Please contact Greenlots at email@example.com.
Who can I contact for more information?
If you have any issues, queries or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data please contact Greenlots at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA):
Greenlots only collects, uses and discloses personal data with the Customer’s consent or deemed consent or as otherwise permitted under the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations.
When you use a BC Hydro labelled charger, BC Hydro collects charging activity information under the authority of the BC Hydro Power and Authority Act. This information is used to provide support to you and to improve its charging services. By using the charging facilities, you consent to your information being stored, processed, and accessed on systems located outside of Canada. Should you utilize support for a BC Hydro labelled charger, you consent to your personal information being accessed by BC Hydro for support purposes. If you have any questions as to how your information is handled, please contact Customer Support at 1 866 338 3369.